Tuesday 31 January 2012

DRAGON IN TOWN

Last week I have encouraged you all to go celebrate the Chinese New Year in Trafalgar Square. I know that most you probably decided to stay at home on a Sunday afternoon and watch new episode of Gossip Girl that you couldn't watch all week.  
But I cannot allow you to miss such a spectacular event, therefore: 
I arrived there in the early morning just few minutes past 10am and the celebration has already begun with an amazing parade featuring traditional lion and dragon dances from Trafalgar Square heading towards China Town. 



                                  

I have never seen so many people on Trafalgar Square, even during demonstrations. Doesn't this show the amazing Asian spirit, they know how to celebrate the New Year without having one too many drinks and then passing out of the floor.
China Town was bursting with colours, laughter and joy. Everywhere around you could smell Chinese delicates, all the small restaurants were opened today and the hosts were as welcoming as ever. 
The celebration culminated in a fantastic Fireworks Display, and believe it or not you have never seen something like that before!

TIP: So for future reference if I suggest you to attend an event, don't think twice about it, I promise you will not be disappointed with my choices :P



No comments:

Post a Comment